by Kaity at Fair Isle
Makes about 16, 2" squares
8 oz. of quality dark chocolate
1/4 cup shelled pistachios (raw or toasted)
1/2 teaspoon Fare Isle wild rose fleur de sel finishing salt
2 teaspoons crushed Fare Isle edible wild rose petals
grated zest of 1 orange
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water. If using a bar of chocolate, chop it up into pieces first. (You could go through the trouble of tempering the chocolate if you want it to retain a high sheen when it cools. To temper chocolate melt 3/4 of the total quantity then take it off the heat and add in remaining 1/4 of the chocolate. Stir it constantly until it melts and gets thick. Then return to heat, stirring until it is smooth and shiny.)
- Pour melted chocolate over wax paper and spread and smooth out to 1/4" thickness with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle chocolate evenly with pistachios, roses, rose salt and orange zest.
- Allow the chocolate bark to firm up and set at room temperature.
- Once chocolate has set, cut into squares and serve or package to give as gifts.
- Chocolate bark will keep wrapped at room temperature for weeks.