by Roushanna Gray at Veld and Sea
2.5 cups of flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbs sugar
Pinch of salt
100g butter, chilled and chopped into blocks
100g cheese, grated
1 cup of sea lettuce – Ulva
1 cup of yoghurt
Drop of milk
- Combine flour, salt sugar, baking powder in a bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour mix until it resembles a crumbly, sandy consistency.
- Mix in the chopped up seaweed and cheese.
- Add the yogurt and use a knife to cut it into the flour mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Add more flour if too sticky.
- Roll into a long fat snake on a floured surface and cut into 4cm slices.
- Place on greased oven tray and brush the tops with milk.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 320 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius) until golden brown.