Wild Garlic Bavarian Dumplings
By Jana Salminger
2 cups of leftover sliced bread or bread rolls
1 1/4 cup your choice of 2% or plant-based milk
6 eggs (or plant-based egg replacer)
2 onions, chopped
1 1/4 cups wild garlic
1 tbsp butter (or vegan butter)
Salt and pepper
1. Slice the bread rolls.
2. Warm milk in a small saucepan.
3. Put the bread and warm milk in a large bowl. Set aside.
4. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add onions and sauté until golden brown. Add the sautéed onions, eggs, wild garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg to the milk-soaked bread.
5. Knead thoroughly until evenly combined.
6. Form dough into round balls, and add to a boiling pot of water. Simmer on low for about 15 minutes.
7. Enjoy! Best served as is or with cream of wild mushroom soup.