by Roushanna Gray at Veld and Sea
3 kelp blades
1 tbs vinegar
1 tbs sesame seeds
a drizzle of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
half a lemon
- Cut strips of kelp into whatever shapes you like. Put them in a pot and cover with water, adding the vinegar.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 mins or until tender.
- Put them in a salad bowl, drizzle with olive oil and shake over the sesame seeds.
- Toss until coated.
- Chop up the avocado and add to the bowl.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and season to taste. Great as a sandwich filler!
*After this process you can now use the kelp as a vegetable in any dish you fancy. Before cooking, cut the kelp frond to suit your dish…big strips in lasagna, run some kelp frond through a pasta machine for tagliatelle or simply enjoy in cheese and tomato toasties.